To see High Wycombe transformed by God through His loving, serving and worshipping church.
To be a community of Christians who love God, follow Jesus and share the hope which we have in Him.
Loving God - The Passion
God the Father shows us His love in Jesus Christ who died to save us and rose from death to give us life. In response we want to know Him more through His Word, the Bible, and to worship and glorify Him.
Following Jesus - The Journey
We are called to be disciples of Jesus who encourage others to follow Him. We want to see people believe in Jesus, be baptised, commit to being part of the Church and accept the Lordship of Jesus in every part of life.
Sharing Hope - The Challenge
God equips us to share the promise of His kingdom coming on earth in High Wycombe and throughout His world by sending His Holy Spirit. We bring hope to the world by proclaiming the good news of Jesus and demonstrating His love in action.
We aspire to be....
God centred, joyful lives filled with gratitude
Applying God’s truth in scripture to our lives
Dependent on God for everything
Loving and serving others across generations and cultures
Intentionally sharing the Good News locally and globally
Reaching out to those in need, especially to the most vulnerable
Giving generously our time, talents and wealth
Underpinning our vision, mission and values is The Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith, to which we subscribe, detailed below: We believe in...
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers — given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfill the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
We are also a church in Association with The Baptist Union of Great Britain.